Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Avery the Armoire, Stress & a big mess.

Lately I feel so busy my head is spinning. Trying to paint furniture/run a business, maintain a household, raise two little boys and be a wife is catching up with me. I love every aspect of it all, so it's hard to decide what to "give up" in the mix, so to be honest, it's been the clean house part. I have someone coming by tonight to take a look at "Ruby" and "Gwen" (not yet posted) and if I don't get off the computer soon, I will die of embarrassment when they walk in the door.

And yet here I sit.

So, a quick post for today and I am off to scrape the sweet potatoes from the wall, and the banana bits and smashed up Rice Chex from the floor. There's only so much I can do in a day, people.

This is Avery the Armoire, before her makeover.


So full of potential! 


This armoire was one of the easiest projects to take on. I used ASCP's "Old White" and just dry brushed on one coat. I wanted a VERY distressed look, so one coat was all that was necessary.


Then I sanded it down for the uber-distressing.


I painted the inside in red for a dash of drama. I'm all about the unexpected, so I love little touches like this.


It was as easy as.........




Clear Wax, Dark wax, then clear wax again, because I am still figuring out how to master the dark wax. I would say that's been the only down side to the Annie Sloan paint thus far. I've had to put in a call or two to other painter friends/ my stockist to figure out where I've gone wrong in the past. But I think I'm getting the hang of it. 




Hope everyone enjoyed her makeover. I LOVED painting her.

 Lots of new stuff on the way. 

4 comments:

  1. Great distressing and love the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And you are right dry brushing the easiest thing ever...I bet it sold! I'm your newest follower, nice to meet you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. jessica, it was so great to meet you at becky's! thanks for becoming my newest follower! see you wednesday!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, LOVE your comments! Let's hear 'em!